This card is so clean and simple that I made it in a matter of minutes! It’s for the current saturday challenge over in the Clean and Simple CAS Cards for Beginners Facebook group. The prompt was to use a sentiment as a focal image, so I chose this new ‘thank you’ die along with its outline die.
To colour the sentiment, I used teal Luscious Powder and gold gilding flakes, both adhered with double sided adhesive sheets that I’d stuck to the front of the card before I die-cut it.
For the background, I smooshed the same luscious powder in the area where I was planning to put my sentiment. For extra dimension, I popped up my sentiment on thin foam tape, and for a finishing touch, I scattered gold Nuvo Drops around the sentiment.
Hello! For today’s Die-Cut December card, I followed a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, which you can see below the video. This card is going to be a birthday card for my son who is studying to become a mechanical engineer. I thought the cogs were appropriate!
Here’s the card that I made and the sketch that I followed:
Hello! Here is my entry for the AAA Card Challenge #254: Black, White and Gold challenge. To create my card, I die-cut three stars from gold glitter card and glued them onto black glitter card, which I then cut out. To create a frame, I mounted the front panel on a mat of black card, and to create the title, I die-cut the word ‘merry’ from glitter card too and used the black as a drop-shadow. I love how this turned out. Thanks for looking!
Hello! For today’s card, I drew a branch in Procreate on my iPad and then used my digital cutting machine to cut out the shape from mixed media paper. Next, I drew the branch on the digi-cut in permanent ink before watercolouring it. To create a subtle background, I smooshed on some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide and stamped a little bit of text. As a finishing touch, I added a tiny strip of gold washi tape and a few mini enamel dots. Thanks for looking!
Instead of a horizontal design, I flipped my card through 90º, but kept the sentiment horizontal so it’s easy to read. For the panels, I dipped into my pouch of pretties and pulled out a card panel that I’d previously inked using a stencil and Speckled Egg Distress Oxide. To add some contrast and sparkle, I heat embossed on some scripty text using bright gold embossing powder. After that, I cut out the tags using a die and then inked up a strip of paper to mount them on. The butterflies were die-cut from smooth white card and backed wirth vellum for a soft look. To bring them to life, I added some tiny blue enamel dots to their bodies and arranged them as if they were fluttering up the page.
I’m really happy with how this turned out, but if I did it again, I’d cut smaller tags, as there’s not quite enough white space for me.